PRESIDENTIAL BALLROOM


The Presidential Ballroom opened in 1910 as the open-air Palm Court, a central roof garden terrace landscaped by Kate O. Sessions, famous for her work at Balboa Park.  Through the years, history has been made in this magnificent venue.  Enclosed to create a ballroom, the Presidential Ballroom is named to honor the 14 U.S. Presidents who have stayed at the hotel. The spacious foyer and 1,200-square-foot theatrical stage combine for 9,300-square-feet of space. Plush golden fleur de lis carpets, signature twin-barrel vaulted ceilings, and crystal chandeliers create the ultimate ambiance for discreet grandeur. 

 

Adjacent to the Presidential Ballroom, a collection of more intimate event spaces carry a similar regal theme, some enhanced by windows with a glimpse of Downtown, and others by custom drip paintings by French Artist Yves Clement.

 

 

 

THE US GRANT DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO